Monday, July 22, 2013

Post It Mondays

The BEST Sloppy Joes

Whenever I'm feeling lazy when it comes to making dinner, my go to recipe is always this sloppy joe recipe. My mom's been making them since I was little, and my boyfriend devours them. He says these sloppy joes put Manwhich to shame. Which makes me feel like this:

So here it is, fast, easy, cheap, and sure to please.

Ingredients
1 lb ground beef (for hunters out there, this is a venison-friendly recipe)
1 can tomato soup
ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar (I've never measured it out, always just gone by taste)


Directions
Brown the ground beef so it looks like so:

Next, drain the fat. A neat little tip I learned from my future-mother-in-law is to line the inside of a little bowl or cup with tin foil, and then pour the fat/grease into the tinfoil. After it cools, throw it away. No dirty dishes, no mess, and no clogged sink drains!

After you drain the fat, add the can of tomato soup and stir in with the beef. Add ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar until you get the taste that you like. I've never measured these 3 ingredients out before, but if you want something more tangy, add more mustard and brown sugar. If you want something a little more salty, add more ketchup and mustard and less brown sugar.

That's it. Serve on a bun or with bread. I like my either plain or with pickles. My boyfriend puts peanut butter on his (yuck).

No comments:

Post a Comment