Monday, July 15, 2013

Tips on Recreating Baby Pictures

Happy Monday :\  . . . . or at least as happy as a Monday can be. It's mid-July, and what do I spend my free time doing? Preparing for Christmas. That's right guys, I've made my Christmas shopping list already and I've even started making/buying a few things that are on sale. One of my ideas for Christmas this year is giving family members recreated baby pictures of my sister, my brother, and me.


"What do you mean, Mandy?" you might be asking right now. So here's an example:
Me as a baby                                                                                      Me as an adult

Lots of fun these pictures are. 

Anyway, my brother, sister, and I take more pictures, I'll post them and add to my list of tips for recreating baby pictures. 

Tips for Recreating Baby Pictures:
1. Pick pictures that have a simple background. Cupboards are a simple background, or a monument that is still standing that you plan on revisiting or is close by. Don't pick that picture of you standing by the Statue of Liberty if you live in Missouri, because it's just too hard to recreate and it will take away from the picture. The whole focus is supposed to be on how you've changed and grown. 

2. Pick pictures that are interesting. This may seem like an obvious one, but once you start picking, you'll know what I mean. When you're going through pictures, imagine how it would look as adult posing. Pictures where you're wearing a goofy outfit or making a funny face are the funniest.

3. Don't get too hung up on perfectly recreating the picture, especially clothes. More than likely, you're not going to find the same Miami Vice t-shirt or acid wash denim skirt. Get as close as you can, but don't sweat it. Check your local thrift store and be creative. You may have to refashion or make some of your own clothes. In my first picture, I found an old lady fleece nightgown and made it into a onesie by adding a 2 seams to make legs. And the background doesn't have to be perfect either. Remember, people are going to be focusing on you and not the brand of cereal in the background.

4. Don't be afraid to feel stupid. If you're an adult acting like a baby on camera, you probably should feel at least a little silly/stupid. But it'll be worth it in the end.

5. Edit your photos to get the same color tint, brightness, and saturation as the original. It helps make the picture look more identical. I used the basic photo editing tool that came with my computer, so don't worry if you don't have Photoshop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment