Monday, August 19, 2013

8.19.13 Post It Monday

Watching TV Workout

Happy Monday everyone! 
Okay, maybe saying "happy Monday" is like the Always commercials saying "have a happy period". . . it's just not going to happen. 

I digress. 

So lately, I just haven't felt like going to the gym at all. Normally I run 2-3 times a week so I really don't have to worry about skipping the gym, but my knees have been hurting, thus letting my food sins catch up with me. Thank God for Pinterest, because I found this at home routine that burns 100 calories each time you do it:
And it really doesn't feel like 100 calories worth of work! So what I've been doing recently is sitting on my butt watching tv, but doing this routine during the commercial breaks, repeating the circuit until the show I'm watching starts again. So from what I've heard from a quick internet research, a typical 30 minute sitcom has 3 acts with two commercial breaks separating those acts. The average length of a commercial break varies, but from what I've been reading, they usually last around 3 minutes per break (hard to believe when you're watching an episode of Big Bang Theory, the stinking commercials seem to take forever!). Any how, this routine will usually takes me around 2 minutes (depending on how enthusiastic I am), so I burn 150 calories per commercial break, so that's 300 calories per show! That's almost double calories I burn when I go for a 2 mile run! And let's face it, with TBS's back to back of Big Bang Theory, I usually watch 2-3 episodes. 

It may be hard to get up during the commercial breaks and do this routine when you're all snuggly with a blanket and your dog on your lap, but it beats going to the gym for an hour. Do this for at least one show a day, and you'll start seeing results.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment