Monday, August 5, 2013

8.5.2013 Post it Monday

Yes, I'm still alive.

Sorry I've fallen off the face of the Earth the past week and a half. I had Beer Olympics (my team took third, but technically the places are still undetermined since we didn't finish all the events), a three day break (all of which I was working), and then Fisherman's weekend at Grand Marais, MN. And unfortunately, my phone is from the stone age, so I couldn't post on the road.

Yeah, this is my phone, except blue. I've had an upgrade for a long time, but I haven't used it yet. I think I have smart phone cold feet. Any suggestions on a good non-apple phone?


Anyway, so here are some shots that I took: 
(R) All Rights Reserved to Amanda Lynn Glover. 

(R) All Rights Reserved to Amanda Lynn Glover. 

(R) All Rights Reserved to Amanda Lynn Glover. 

I've been going to Grand Marais with my boyfriend, his family, and their friends for 3 years now. If you're looking for a vacation that has something for everyone, Grand Marais during their Fisherman's Picnic weekend is most definitely it. There is delicious food and vendors everywhere, tons of shops with great prices, beautiful scenery, camping and hotels, pizza eating contests, egg toss, games, log sawing races, live music everywhere, quaint pubs and bars (check out the Raven's Nest, it's a roof top bar that always has live music during Fisherman's Picnic), 5 mile race through Gunflint Trail, hiking, fishing, etc. The one thing I really like about Grand Marais is that it's family friendly for kids of all ages, AND it has a nightlife to keep adults entertained too. The campground we stayed at was within walking distance from all festivities, which was super nice since parking is pain with all the blocked roads.

So in case you are interested in going to Grand Marais, here is a check list of the must sees/dos for me and my boyfriend:
___Sven and Ole's Pizza

___World's Best Donuts 

___ Grand Marais Fireworks

___ Ben Franklin's store

___ Bingo at the Legion

___ The Raven's Nest

___ Jumping into Lake Superior (the best cure for a hangover or when you're tired)

___ Log Sawing Competition

___ Log Rolling Competition

___ Gyros

___ The Garage Antiques

___ The Legion (they usually have some pretty decent bands)

___ Beth's Fudge and Gifts (free samples of fudge!)

And if you're worried about the calories. . . don't. I work out usually 2-3 times a week, but by the end of everyday, I was super tired just from all the walking! And it's even more fun if you travel by jumping from rock to rock instead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment