Wednesday, August 21, 2013

8.21.13 Laughable Wednesdays

Girl Humor

I guess this would be a spin off of my Monday post, the part with the Always commerical. I've never understood why their slogan was "have a happy period". The only reason a period is a "happy one" is if you were worried about being pregnant and kids are not in your immediate future, but even then it's happy the first minute, and then PMS from there out.

Anyway.

So this post is dedicated to PMS/menstral humor. First on the list:

1. If my dad was a grocery store owner/manager, this is something he would do. You can tell he has 2 daughters, because he keeps "emergency" chocolate in the freezer for when we are...how do you say... irritable. Some might be offended by this because it's stereotyping, but there's not much I can say about it when I am the stereotype on this one. Sadly, a little Hershey's mini-chocolate bar works when I'm PMS-ing. I think my dad may have clued my boyfriend in on this early in our relationship. He quickly learned that for me, chocolate can take the edge off...chocolate and margaritas.









2. I've always gotten a kick how awkard guys are about periods. I mean, yes there such a thing as going into too much detail when talking about periods, but just say the p-word, and guys get all "uhh....oh.....uh...". I plan on taking full advantage of this complex when I move back to Fargo this school year. I'll be living with my boyfriend, two of our friends (who happen to both be guys), and one more guy. So in order to hide my treats like a squirrel with a bad chocolate addiction, this is what I plan on doing. This is both a good laugh and a useful idea.









Now for the videos, oh yes period humor vidoes do exist. My favorite is by far the U by Kotex video making fun of tampon and pad commercials.




 I love the part where she says, "the ads on TV are so helpful. When they use that blue liquid, I'm like, 'Oh, that's what's supposed to happen'." That always confused me when I was little.


This next one comes from HelloFlo, a company that ships tampons, pads, and other products to your door when you need it each month. Pretty neat idea, check out their website: http://helloflo.com/about. Anyway, not only was the company a good idea, but their commercial was pretty entertaining as well.


Hopefully this will get you through the rest of your week!
Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment